The Kennel Technician is responsible for the daily care and comfort of dogs, cats and other animals boarding at Waggin’ Tails Pet Ranch. Primary duties include:
- Walk pets to various locations on site.
- Assist with preparing and distributing pet meals.
- Provide pets with a continuous supply of fresh water.
- Engage in play activities with pets, including walks, fetch, swim time, social play groups, etc.
- Clean and sanitize all pet enclosures, play yards and common areas.
- Assist daily laundry duties.
- Record accurate information on the status, activities and behavior of each pet.
- Report any health, behavior or safety concerns to the manager on duty.
- A passion for animals and animal care.
- Previous experience providing care for pets (ex. vet clinic, pet shelter, boarding facility, or personal pets)
- ABKA certification a plus.
- Physically able to secure and handle large dogs.
- Physically able to handle cleaning duties.
- Effective record-keeping and communications skills.
- Dependability and reliability in performance of all duties.
- Good attendance and punctuality including reliable transportation.
- Good work ethic and willingness to follow direction.